By Douglas Braun-Harvey MA MFT CGP CST, Visit Amazon's Michael A. Vigorito LMFT LCPC CGP Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Michael A. Vigorito LMFT LCPC CGP,
"I were watching for a booklet that will supply a sex-positive, non-judgmental, and non-pathologizing replacement strategy for operating with "sex addiction." Doug Braun-Harvey and Michael Vigorito objective males ahead towards their sexual wellbeing and fitness with this clean severe, and compassionate version to aid these within the grip of complicated sexual habit. This e-book will switch your considering and your medical paintings on the intersection of sexuality and psychotherapy."
-Esther Perel, LMFT, writer of Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence
This groundbreaking e-book reconsiders well known notions of addictive intercourse. Braun-Harvey and Vigorito's sexual wellbeing and fitness psychotherapy protocol is an leading edge therapy process for males experiencing sexual lives past their keep watch over. "Out of regulate sexual habit" (OCSB) is outlined as a sexual ailment within which consensual sexual urges, innovations, or behaviors think uncontrolled. instead of a medical affliction, OCSB is framed as a behavioral challenge in the common variety of sexual expression.
The ebook offers step by step instruments for review, therapy making plans, and implementation stemming from the authors' paintings with 1000's of person and crew treatment consumers. OCSB therapy fits person and team remedy interventions with present motivational interviewing and readiness-for-change examine. extra, this strategy emphasizes the clinician's moral accountability to supply the best therapy whereas retaining purchaser sexual rights and inviting sexual range. wealthy and sundry composite case examples display medical sexual healthiness therapy conversations in addition to tales of wish and tips to appreciate how sexual wellbeing and fitness is an best friend for altering OCSB.
- offers a much-needed sexual future health substitute to traditional wondering assessing and treating OCSB
- Posits OCSB as a sexual future health habit challenge instead of a method habit or psychosexual disorder
- Promotes sexual health and wellbeing rules because the framework to examine and advisor men's sexual habit change
- features a functional, step by step pathway version to evaluate and deal with OCSB
- Organizes a variety of best-practice scientific interventions for person and workforce psychotherapy
- comprises composite case examples demonstrating winning therapy outcomes